Sunday, August 13, 2006

Overview

You can't make profits in stocks if you don't keep track of your positions, so lets not get lost. I'll go over all 6 of the stocks I've recommend so far.

RMD
Charts still look great to short sell this one, the only problem is that earnings are on the 17th, so I wouldn't pick it up. Patience is a virtue.

SIRI
No special news here, the prospects are still excellent, as always. The stock is at 3.78, setting right at it's Weekly 200DMA of 3.80. I am, however, getting nervous that it broke a very strong support at 3.90 as shown in the weekly chart. As I said from the start, this is a risky stock so I'm prepared. The MSN article is positive, while TheStreet takes a Yes/No/Maybe outlook.
MSN article
TheStreet article

DXD/SDS
The DJIA has dropped a little more than 100 points since I recommended it, I expect at least 300 more by the end of the month. Sill a good prospect here.

HANS
Ending coverage here, as I excited my position and suggested the same. Shorted around 42 and covered around 32. As shown, the stock reached 28.

CHCI
Well, it's back around 4, where I suggested it after an up 8% day. I've no problems in suggesting adding to this position for the long term. Unless anything big comes up on this one, I will stop tracking for awhile. Thomas Ko is still positive on CHCI in this article.
MSN article

NTDOY
As nobody has dissented with my views on this one, I feel the need for opposition. I found just that in an article by Michael Brush. He explains that video game companies are the ones to be buying for this 4th quarter.

While I don't disagree with the fact that game developers will do well, (I would recommend an ETF for video game makers if there was one) I believe that you will be much more safe in Nintendo. As Tero Kuittinen, of TheStreet.com puts it:

"Nintendo's share price has performed strongly over the summer, moving from $17 to $23 during the past six months. It's a fairly solid performance, considering how wobbly software companies like Electronic Arts and Activision have been during the same period."
Here is TheStreet article for that.

Gamers are picky about their games, don't get greedy and take the added risk of owning a single game maker.

The big picture right now is that the market should be going down in the near term.

Enjoy the rest of the day.

No comments: