Friday, August 04, 2006

Headed for a Whammy

How many rallies can we get from consensus of a rate hike stop? This upward movement will end and here's why,

With higher margins that will hurt companies, weak unemployment data, a weak housing market, and a slowing economy, we still keep going higher all because of the end of raising interest rates.

To all of the bulls out there I ask, what catalyst will there be after this FOMC meeting? I have changed the comments section so anybody can post now, and I would like to hear some opposition to my opinion or any thoughts on this.

I would like a long term bull market, I just don't see it as a viable outcome. Keep in mind that August and September have historically been the worst month for the S&P in the last 18 years.

I got a kick out of this cartoon, as it sums up my conviction.
If you own a high flyer, sell on the news.

I will add some stock ideas next post. I did end up shorting HANS yesterday, if it hits 35 I will cover, although it could go further this month.

I'm hoping the market surges higher, as it will create more opportunities for us to take advantage of.

Have a great weekend.

*Edit* The Dow is now flat for the day after hitting 90 early on. It seems traders must have taken a step back to look at the big picture. Also I found this article on Google today.

No comments: