Sunday, February 18, 2007

Pulse of my Predictions II

It’s time I do a checkup of my suggestions for 2007. To better show how things are going I've created a simulated portfolio of $10,000 and split the money equally between each of my picks.

Here are the results:

Grey indicates the position has been sold. As you can see I’m nearing my goal of a 30% gain for the year, mainly because of the leap ONXX took. I will keep trading and set a new goal of a 45% gain for the year. This should be tough but I’m up for a challenge.

Of the “Six Stocks for 2007” I gave at the beginning of the year, assuming you entered and exited when I suggested, you would be up on all six of them –although XWG by only a penny.

I’m happy with the way things are going, but we all know how quick a market can turn on you, so I’m staying diligent even with this early success. I'll take another look at the big picture in a few months.
-Chris

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice blog and nice gains. I'm a regular reader and I find your posts quite informative. This might be a little off topic, but I was trying to replicate your excel spreadsheet, but my trading account would not be in such a round figure as say $10,000. I'd also want to track it on a year by year basis, with carryover of stocks that weren't sold. Is there any easy to do this in order to easily see my gain (and somehow account for the carryover stocks)?

l said...

Most online brokers have excel spreadsheets that you can simply download to track your stocks.

If you want to do it yourself or papertrade, then I don't know of an easy way to do this. You might just copy and paste the carryover stocks into a new tab for the new year.

Thanks for the kind words Jason.