Sunday, October 08, 2006

Notes Before the Open

I’ll be sticking with the eight picks I currently have for a few weeks; I don’t intend to add or drop anything this month unless I see a clear imbalance. If a turnaround doesn’t occur soon, I will be seriously confounded and concerned. Here's a quick read for Monday.

Technical Issues:

  • I understand that Internet Explorer users can’t see the page correctly, so I’ll work on this to get things looking right. If you use Firefox like myself, then you should have no problem.
  • Also I received an E-mail on Nintendo, so I’ll reiterate that the Yahoo Finance quotes I use don’t allow ADR’s so Nintendo will not show up, but it is one of my picks.

2 comments:

Slacker said...

good call on CME.

You might want to take a look at some uranium picks. There's a few of them, so my strategy has been the shotgun approach of diversifying since I'm just doing a simulation.
Also note that many of these are on Toronto or Australian exchanges, so I'm not sure how accessible they'd be through your broker.

http://www.uxc.com/review/uxc_Prices.aspx
Note the ceaseless bullishness of uranium.

CCJ looks good, since it has come back quite a bit recently. They're the most stable of the uranium plays, since they've got a big market cap

FRG
DEN.TO (which just merged with IUC.TO)
AXU.TO (Huge run up over the past few months. Looks to have stabilized since)
ERA.AX (big gains over the past few days, but no news)
PDN.TO (bullish looking chart seems ready to head up again)


All of these companies should be raising forecasts because of the increasing uranium spot. Keep a watch

Slacker said...

add sxr.to to the list, too.